We believe that God designed us to be in community with him, with other Christians, and with the world. We have ways to connect for everyone. We have ways to connect for you. In-person groups meet at one of our two campuses in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK – join us to help sort food and prepare food bags on Saturday, October 9th from 9 am to 12 pm or Tuesday, November 2 from 1 to 4 pm. Children 10 and older are welcome with adults registering. Volunteers will help sort and package food. Space is limited. Second Harvest is located in Maryville, Tennessee, and volunteers will need to provide their own transportation.
- KARM (Knoxville Area Rescue Ministries) EBED (Every Bed Every Day) – join us to pray over the beds where our city’s homeless are able to come in out of the cold and weather to sleep – Tuesday October 12th from 10 to 11 am or Tuesday, November 2, from 10 to 11 am. Volunteers are welcome to bring notes or cards to lay on each bed, but this is not required. KARM is located in downtown Knoxville, and volunteers will need to provide their own transportation.
- There are a myriad of ways to serve our community. We are putting together serving teams to help with: cooking meals for those recovering from illness or loss, doing yard work, making phone calls to homebound church members, running errands, sending cards, and helping with electrical, plumbing, or mechanical needs. If you are interested in joining one of these serving teams, please let us know.
- We always need volunteers to help us with the mission and ministry here at Cokesbury. From greeters and tech volunteers, to Fig Tree and Manna House, to Cokesbury Kids and Cokesbury Students, there is something for everyone. Let us know if you’d like to join one of our serving teams.
- FOUNDATIONS – This 5-week group will facilitate connections with others at Cokesbury Church. We’ll hear from a different pastor each week on a topic that is foundational to our faith as Christians. Discussion questions guided by table facilitators will help us examine what we believe and why we believe it. Foundations is appropriate for all adults, regardless of where you are on your faith journey. Sunday nights at 6:30 beginning September 12. REGISTER NOW.
- THE BOOK OF ROMANS – Join facilitator Mark Wilson on Monday evenings from 6:30 to 8 pm beginning September 20th via Zoom for an in-depth study of the book of Romans. This will be a great follow up to our sermon series The Deep End. REGISTER NOW.
- MAKE LOVE LAST: MARRIAGE WORKSHOP – This 8-week workshop is designed to strengthen your marriage. In this group we will look at our love languages, fun and friendship, communication skills, problem solving, anger and stress, commitment, expectations, as well as where we’ve been and where we are headed. is $100 per couple, and scholarships are available. This group will be offered in January 2022. LEARN MORE.
- SAVING GRACE: A Guide for Financial Well-Being – The feeling of financial uncertainty is not uncommon. Saving Grace seeks to support and strengthen people with a guide to improved financial planning. We hope this study connects finance and faith, and will help you regain control of your finances and achieve your personal goals. A new session of this class will be offered in 2022. LEARN MORE.
- LEGACY JOURNEY – Gain a biblical framework and practical tools for managing your resources. This follow-up course to Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University does not require completion of FPU, but it is recommended that participants be debt-free other than your mortgage. A new session of this class will be offered in 2022. LEARN MORE.
COKESBURY STUDENTS – Student ministry for 5th through 12th graders begins on Wednesday, August 18. Each Week:
- Doors open at 5:30 pm
- Fifty-Six (student ministry for 5th and 6th graders) starts with games at 6 pm, followed by music, a message, and free play until dismissal at 7:30 pm
- Middle School (student ministry for 7th & 8th graders) starts wtih games at 6 pm, followed by music, a message, small groups, and free play until dismissal at 8 pm.
- High School (student ministry for 9th through 12th grades) starts with games at 6 pm, followed by small groups, music, and a message until dismissal at 8 pm.
QUESTIONS? Email Manna.
- SEAMLESS: Understanding the Bible as One Complete Story by Angie Smith – If you are new to studying the bible or wanting to find your place in God’s story, then join faciliator Nancy Hamilton for this 7-week study. We will discover and understand God’s plan of redemption for you and me starting in Genesis and ending in Revelation. Class begins on Tuesday, September 7 at 6:30 pm. Dinner available prior to the class, and childcare is available during group. Details provided upon registration. Books will be available at the first class for $16. REGISTER NOW.
- THE WOMEN OF THE BIBLE SPEAK: The Wisdom of 16 Women and Their Lessons for Today by Shannon Bream – From the shepherdesses of ancient Israel who helped raise the future leaders of the people of God, to the courageous early Christians, the narrative of the Bible offers us many vivid and fascinating female characters. In studying these heroes of the faith, we can find wisdom and warnings for how to better navigate our own faith journeys. Join Linda McLaughlin on Friday mornings beginning on September 10th for this study. Childcare available by registration, and books are available for $18 at the first class. Fellowship begins at 9:30 am and the study is from 10 to 11:30 am. REGISTER NOW.
- NOW THAT FAITH HAS COME: A Study of Galatians by Beth and Melissa Moore – This 6-week deep dive into Paul’s letter to the Galatians shows us how it is both wildly interesting and astonishingly relevant to our present world. This Thursday morning group begins on September 16 and is facilitated by Kim Cunningham and Carol Hollar. Class meets from 9:30 to 11:30 am, and masks are currently required for this group. Books will be available to purchase for $15 at the first class. REGISTER NOW.
- YOGA + THE SEVEN LONGINGS OF THE HUMAN HEART by Mike Bickle – This 8-week study combines an optional weekly Yoga class (led via Zoom, cost is $10 per class), with bible study. The Seven Longings of the Human Heart helps us to understand the longings that God has placed on our hearts and his desire to fulfill them. Study is facilitated by Jane Parker and begins on September 20th. Yoga begins at 5:45 and the study begins at 6:50 pm each Monday. REGISTER NOW.
9919 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37922
Our office is currently staffed Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 3:30 pm. You are always welcome to contact us via email or phone.